Tuesday, April 28, 2015

HE'S WATCHING HER SLEEP#WIPITUPWEDNESDAY



Welcome to WIPITUP!   I've been MIA with my posts for a couple of weeks and don't really have a good excuse - except that we've been busy writing.  Does that count?   It looks like Barely Survived will be released on May 15 and I'm hoping to share a cover soon.  In the meantime, this is a quick scene from Dominating Their Destiny which is our current work in progress that we've been busy tweaking and polishing.   I've already posted quite a few sexy scenes, so here's another one from our intruder's POV.   Hope you enjoy. :)
 
 ****

It was the first time he watched her sleep.  Each new moment that he got closer would become a precious and unforgettable memory.  The porch roof outside the bedroom provided him with an outstanding view of her snuggled under the covers, and there was a dim light shining in from the hall which helped him see her face more clearly.  He inhaled a deep breath of the cool night air and let it out leaving a mist on the window pane.

Looking at his watch, he was surprised what time she came home.  It’s not like you to be out this late, Cindy.  That friend of yours is a bad influence.  He shook his finger in admonishment and snickered softly. 

I can hardly wait to get inside your room again.  

He wiped the steam from the glass and focused his piercing blue eyes downward through the window.  Her large German shepherd was sleeping soundly at the foot of her bed.  Dogs were never my friends, but this one and I are going to be best buddies.   

The chuckle emanating from his throat was low and nefarious.

****

Thanks so much for stopping by to see me!  Before you go, don't forget to visit the other blogs on this fun hop that Mel provides us with!  Have a great week!  ~ shelly

12 comments:

  1. Best buddies... sounds like the intruder knows her, somehow... or am I missing something. Hmmm. I am so intrigued by the premise of this story, can I scream and shout at you to reveal all LOL. No? Well, I'll just have to wait until the release, won't I? Dayum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like this, Christina! I would love to unravel the entire mystery to you, but Doug would NOT be pleased. I really should have submit this one already, but you know me - still playing with it! LOL! :) Thanks for the comment - always appreciate you stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Kelly! This is our second mystery, and it has been so much fun to write! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh this is hot and wonderfully creepy at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the cool compliment, Joelle! This put a smile on my face and will stay with me all week ... :)

      Delete
  4. Oh there you go again, teasing with this mysterious intruder. I am happy to hear Barely Survived is releasing soon. ~does my happy dance~
    I had to laugh @ "I'm still playing with it" (You're reply to Christina) ~giggle snort~
    You really know how to get us hooked, don't you. ~winks~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are THRILLED that Barely Survived is scheduled to release soon! So that means there's one on the cooling rack - one still in the oven and one in the mixing bowl just waiting for the rest of the ingredients! :) See - we're finally getting busy in the kitchen! ;) Hopefully the next time I post, it will be from our new WIP (not titled yet). I'm always happy to hear when you're hooked! Thanks so much, Mel! :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes, he certainly is a creepy character - in fact one of the creepiest we've written so far! Thanks so much for coming by to comment, Jennifer! :)

      Delete
  6. I'm am new to this , but I must say ,very cool work !!! Or is it play for you two ??? LOL This one comes out on my B Day . Thanks !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Nick! And happy birthday to you! :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!