Tuesday, September 9, 2014

THE PALM OF LOVE #WIPITUPWEDNESDAY



I do love WIP IT UP WEDNESDAY!  If it’s your first time joining us, we either share a work in progress or something from a published work on this blog hop.  This week – I’m bringing you another installment from ‘The Author’s Friends’ – which we REALLY hope will be published soon because I am seriously running.out.of.snippets!  In this week’s scene – Richard is trying to comfort Dana, who is worried that her best friend, Carla, may accept a job in Harrisburg and move away.
******
Dana returned to the den and found Richard waiting for her on the couch.  Dressed in her favorite cupcake pajamas with her hair pulled back in a ponytail, she crawled into his warm, strong arms. 
 
“I know you can’t go back into therapy with Michael, but have you thought about seeing someone else?  If Carla does take that job in Harrisburg, I’m worried it might set you back emotionally.”

Dana looked up at him with tears welled in her eyes. “I don’t need anyone but you, Richard.”

He kissed her on the cheek and held her close.  “I can’t even imagine what will go on over at Carla and Michael’s house tomorrow.  How is she ever going to make a decision like that?”

“I know what I would do.”  She snuggled closer into the warmth of his chest.

“Promise me you won’t try to sway her, darlin’.  I know we never discussed maintenance spankings, but maybe this would be a good time.  Do you feel like you could use a good cry?  I could take you over my knee and give you just what you need.”

“I’ve read about that type of spanking, and there seems to be a mix of opinions on whether they work.  Some people give them regularly and others like the element of surprise.” Dana sounded a little skeptical.

“Everyone has a different type of relationship, so I guess it’s up to the individuals.  We don’t have to decide today, but I think an emotional release would be good for you right now.”

In silent agreement, Dana withdrew her hands from his neck allowing him to guide her off his lap.  Richard gently positioned her across his knees, so that her head and arms were resting comfortably on their leather couch.  He rubbed her behind lovingly with his hand and slid her pajama bottoms below her bare bum.

He spanked her lightly at first, alternating between cheeks and then increased the firmness of his hand - just enough to have an effect on her subconscious.  There wasn’t a lecture, his palm did all the talking, and she knew exactly what it was saying.  He spanked her slowly and methodically until cleansing tears started to flow.  As the color of her bottom transformed from a soft pink to a rosy hue, she turned her head to the side silently indicating that she was content.  

“Okay, kitten … let’s get you back into my lap to cuddle.”

She nodded with tears streaming, nose running and arms open wide.  Returning to his lap, they kissed and hugged.  Wiping her nose, she was reassured of his unconditional love and reminded that the structure they lived within was their solid foundation.
 
Within minutes she felt safe, secure and was asleep in his arms.

******
Thanks so much for stopping by to see me, and before you go, don’t forget to hop over to some of the other blogs.  There’s such great reading just waiting for you!  ~ shelly

10 comments:

  1. from cupcake pajamas to tears streaming down cheeks - great snippet.
    tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Daryl! I'm glad you enjoyed ... and thanks for the tweet! It's very much appreciated! :)

      Delete
  2. Awww! I'm just starting to read your first book, The Author. I love Richard and Dana. They're perfect for one another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you like Richard and Dana! I'll be curious to hear what you think of the book when you finish it! Hopefully, you'll enjoy Michael and Carla just as much! Thanks, Meredith - I really appreciate you coming by to comment! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, Shelly!
    This is such a sweet excerpt. I feel the love Dana and Richard have for each other and it's touching the way he always considers her needs. This is so close to the truth for what most couples feel when they start exploring DD D/s and spankings. As with most of us, what works for one person, or one couple, may not work with another. So the passive way Richard brings up maintenance spankings is quite endearing.
    I am in love with this line "There wasn’t a lecture, his palm did all the talking, and she knew exactly what it was saying."
    Dana and Richard are just so in-tune with one another.
    Wonderful and heartwarming excerpt... it just makes me want to hug you. ~Hugs!~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww - thanks for the hug, Melody ... I really could use it right now!! I'm so glad you enjoyed this scene ... they really do understand and cherish each other - and even though this second book is mainly about Michael and Carla - we felt the need to include Richard and Dana as much as possible! Thanks for your wonderful comment ... I needed it today! :)

      Delete
    2. ☺Not sure what has you down, but it makes me happy to have brought a needed symbolic hug and a smile to your day. It's the little things sometimes that get us through the day ;-) Happy I was part of yours. ~Hugs~

      Delete
    3. Yes, you did bring a smile to my day and I thank you for that!! :) ~Hugs~

      Delete
  4. aww I love this scene, Shelly. But then it reminds me of maintenance spanking conversations with my Master- those ended up largely funny, but this is quite the romantic, emotional scene that I'd had in my head :D I can't wait until this book comes out. Richard is so good for Dana here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked the scene! I agree ... Richard knows her emotional needs and really comes through! I'm so happy you are excited about the book coming out! Thanks for your nice comment, Joelle!! :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!